Youth Ministry Coordinator Position
St. Luke Parish is seeking a dynamic individual with a strong commitment to young people and the Roman Catholic faith to serve as coordinator for Youth Ministry.
The Youth ministry coordinator will be required to plan and implement comprehensive programming for youth in grades 6 – 12 as well as coordinate and facilitate human and other resources directed towards youth ministry. This is a paid part-time position of 10 hours per week that requires excellent interpersonal skills and involves working with adults and youth. Remuneration will be based on experience.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Practical Catholic faith
- Dedication and sense of vocation to youth
- Organizational skills
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate an effective plan of action
- Communication/instructional skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Ability to teach groups of youth
- Facilitation skills (ability to work with committees and parish staff)
- Human resource skills (ability and personality to recruit, select, train, motivate and evaluate volunteers)
- Formal education in the Catholic faith or a commitment to pursue in-service training as a condition of the position
- Experience and education in PREP or Youth Ministry, or a commitment to pursue in-service training as a condition of employment
Applicants will be expected to comply with the guidelines for the Archdiocesan Safe Environment mandate. Details are available on the Archdiocesan website or from St. Luke’s parish office.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by August 8, 2022 to Fr. Edwin Kulling, 20285 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3C9 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance & Groundskeeper Position – Part Time
St. Luke Parish, serving west Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, is seeking to hire a part-time maintenance / groundskeeper individual. The primary function of this position is to be responsible for many tasks that allow the Parish, surrounding buildings, and grounds to stay clean, safe, and attractive for parishioners, priests, and visitors. As well as, to perform minor repairs and other maintenance as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect the parish property in the mornings
- Ensure the grounds are kept clean and maintained
- Ensure grounds are safe during inclement weather by salting and / or removal of snow
- Pruning of small hedges & trees as required
- Ensure proper disposal of garbage and recyclables
- Attend to any minor repairs or projects as requested by the pastor
- Help with set-up for funeral receptions and events
- Clean portable buildings weekly in preparation for PREP and/or as needed
- Report any maintenance problems to the pastor
- Complete other tasks as required based on the needs of the parish and as directed by the pastor.
- Maintain a schedule of maintenance duties performed
- Liaise with parish staff, volunteers, and contractors
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct general and regular building maintenance and cleaning i.e., drains, gutters, salting and removal of snow, minor repairs, etc.
- Be available to attend to after hour emergencies
- Have the ability to work independently but collaboratively and with minimum supervision
- Have good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be initiative-taking and have the ability to multitask
- Meet Safe Environment requirements and protocols
- Be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
- The working hours are to be determined by Pastor based on the needs of the Parish
- Approximately 10 – 12 hours per week
- Requires some variable hours and on-call response after regular business hours to meet the needs of the parish
- Work will be conducted in all weather conditions
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based environment
This job description seeks to provide some clarity to the role of maintenance/groundskeeper at St. Luke Parish. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of every task which may be required in this position, nor is it a static document.
Please submit resume and a cover letter by August 8, 2022, to Father Edwin Kulling at 20285 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge, V2X 3C9 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.