St. Luke’s Parish, along with all parishes in the Archdiocese of Vancouver, has returned to near normal practices for offering Mass under Step 3 Guidelines of BC’s Restart Plan . The Archbishop’s dispensation from Sunday Mass obligation has now been rescinded. Please read the Archbishop’s Decree here. Livestreaming of all Sunday and weekday Masses has now been discontinued.
Effective immediately, Mass and Confession times are as follows:
Saturdays 4:30 pm
Sundays 8:30 and 10:30 am, 5:00 pm
Monday through Saturday 8:00 am
7:40 am to 7:50 am
8:45 am to 9:30 am
4:00 pm to 4:20 pm
7:40 – 7:50 am
Friday Evening 6:40 – 6:50 pm Beginning Sept. 10th, 2021
8:10 am to 8:20 am
10:10 am to 10:20 am
4:40 pm to 4:50 pm
Appointments for confession outside these times may be scheduled by contacting the parish office.
Monday to Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm (closed from 12-1 pm)
Even though we are returning to the standard and familiar practices that were followed before Covid-19 disrupted our worship, please remember that we have been in this “altered state” for more than a year. There may be a degree of confusion and discomfort for some parishioners.
In order to respect people’s different levels of comfort, some modifications will still be necessary at Masses. Please continue to follow the instructions of the ushers, especially regarding the reception of Communion.
We are grateful to all for their patience, understanding, and charity over the next few weeks.
As of July 1, these conditions will be in effect please note updated Temporary Mask Order issued on August 24th, 2021):
- UPDATED AUG. 24, 2021: Temporary Indoor Mask Order:
Masks are required for all people 12 and older in all public indoor spaces.
- No registration is required to attend ANY Mass.
- No information will be gathered for contact tracing etc.
- All Masses may now have 100% capacity attendance.
- Physical distancing is not required at Mass.
- Congregations are invited to participate in singing at Mass.
- Parish washrooms will be open for use.
- The crying room will remain closed.
- The choir loft will remain closed
- Holy Communion will be distributed in the hand and on the tongue. Those wishing to receive communion on the tongue are asked to sit at the back of the church to receive at the end. This will greatly assist Father Edwin and the Eucharistic Ministers to distribute Communion without having to stop intermittently each time someone wants to receive on the tongue. The priest and Eucharistic Minister are still required to sanitize their hands after each person receives on the tongue.
- Lauds will be prayed before weekday Masses beginning at 7:30 am for any parishioners who would like to attend and lead.
- Daily prayers after Mass will resume, followed by the Rosary, and Divine Mercy Chaplet, led by the congregation.
Parishioners are encouraged to pick-up a set of envelopes when coming to Mass this weekend. A few missals are left for purchase. If you would like to request a missal please contact the parish office this week and we will try to place an order (if they are still available).