Did you know that 99,000 Canadian women have already discovered just how great the CWL fits in their lives? Maybe it’s time for you to find out as well.
Are you interested in the Catholic Women’s League but can’t quite figure out how you would fit in? The CWL welcomes all kinds of member participation and they are eager to welcome YOU in any of these ways:
- Are you ready to attend meetings, take part in business procedures with full voting privileges, and serve on committees? Great! The league needs fully active members and offers them many opportunities for personal and spiritual development.
- Maybe you can’t always attend meetings or functions but you are willing to help when needed, on a task-by-task basis. The CWL would love to have you be part of the organization and help to make a difference even if you have only limited time to offer.
- Are you supportive of the goals of the CWL, want to see the national organization and the local council strengthened, but can’t be active right now? Please add your name to our membership list and we’ll keep you informed of events and educational updates through email and The Canadian League magazine. The demands on your time may change in the future and you could find yourself ready for a more active role.
- Perhaps you feel the time you can give to the CWL is best spent in prayer. CWL prayer partners, those who support the other members and the organization through prayer, are gladly welcomed and are also included in all CWL prayers.
Each of these kinds of members offers a unique and welcome voice, representative of all Catholic women. Which one are you?
Why would you want to be a member of the CWL?
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a powerful vehicle representing more than 99,000 Catholic women, expressing their concerns and acting upon issues of the present time.
To a member, the League is a gift of faith, friendship, leadership development, support and affirmation.
The League is the blueprint for all Catholic women. Through standing committees, members feel the pulse of what is happening in church and society. The resolutions process promotes the rights and dignity of all persons.
The League gives members the opportunity to serve as Beatitude women “For God and Canada.”
Together league members share their gifts and watch wonderful works happen.
- IF you believe in the sanctity of human life,
- IF you want to develop a deeper spiritual life,
- IF you uphold the dignity of all human beings,
- IF you believe women play an important role in church and society,
- IF you strive to set a Christian example in your home and work place,
- IF you believe in Catholic education and affordable health services,
- IF you believe in the power of prayer,
THEN you belong with the CWL!
THE CWL INVITES YOU!
An invitation is extended to all Catholic women to become members of the Catholic Women’s League of St. Luke’s Parish. By doing so you will be:
Supporting the efforts of League members across Canada who are diligently working to promote the teachings of the Catholic church.
Part of the largest national organization of Catholic women in Canada with a tradition of service to others as expressed in its motto “For God and Canada.”
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is an organization that contributes to the life and vitality of the church, family and community, both at home and abroad. While your presence at meetings is important, we realize that in this busy world it may not always be possible for you to attend. Be assured that your interest and support is as important as your attendance!
Included in your membership is The Canadian League magazine (published quarterly) which will keep you informed of League business and projects and in contact with other members across Canada.
If you have the time to become actively involved, the CWL welcomes your participation in any of their activities here in our parish:
Monthly Meetings, the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 8:00 p.m., Bader Hall (The monthly meeting usually combines a short educational/spiritual component with a businees meeting, refreshments and some social time.)
Annual CWL sponsored Parish Plant and Bake Sale and Tea
Annual CWL Sponsored Parish Bazaar, before Christmas
Archdiocesan, Provincial and National CWL Conventions
The CWL also awards two bursaries annually to children of members who are graduating from secondary school and continuing in their education.